Published by Sega, Alien Isolation is a game that combines the stealth and survival horror style together, it is takesplace in the outer space. The game follows the movie Alien (1979) but after that event 15 years, where Amanda Ripley tries to investigate her mother’s case.
However, did you know that there is another version of this game that was created by a Thark (a Steam user)? With this mod version, it will give you alien-free where there will be no alien try to chase or kill you. The only threat that you will face is from Androids and humans only.
In our Alien Isolation Mods review today, we will discuss more not only about the mod Alien-free version but also many other mods versions that will surprise you. Let’s continue to read to find out!
1. Non-Motion Tracker Mod
Just imagine exploring the spaceship without the Motion Tracker, you won’t know whether a Xenomorph is just right behind the door or above your head! How exciting is that?
With this mode, it will make the game stop working by the time you activate Ripley’s motion tracker. From now on, players will have to count on their instinct and survival skills to stay alive in this cold and dark world surrounding with Aliens.
[maxbutton id=”3″ url=”https://www.moddb.com/games/alien-isolation/downloads/remove-the-motion-tracker” ]
2. No Intro Logos Mod
Getting tired of seeing the 20th Century Fox logo every single time launching the game? Here is how to get rid of it:
- Open Windows Explorer and go to your Alien Isolation install folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Alien Isolation
- Continue going inside folder: \DATA\UI\MOVIES\
- You’re now could either Delete or Rename the following files: AMD_IDENT.USM, CA_IDENT.USM, FOX_IDENT.USM
3. Silent Movement Mod
Our next Alien Isolation Mods today is the Silent Movement mod. Different with the Unpredictable Alien mod, this mod will make your life a lot easier where enemies won’t be able to listen to your footsteps when you’re getting close to them.
This will give you a total freedom to sprint around Sevastopol without being detected by aliens and other enemies, just make sure that you stay out of their visual sights.
[maxbutton id=”3″ url=”https://www.moddb.com/games/alien-isolation/downloads/silent-movement” ]
4. SweetFX 2.0 + ReShade Graphics Mod
SweetFX is one of the greatest preset that could improve graphics quality a lot. In our Alien Isolation Mods today, we’d like to introduce the SweetFX CKN’s version. However, if you’d like to use the original SweetFX version, then just feel free to proceed.
Here is how to install it:
- Backup your Original data first.
- Download and execute the “ReShade Setup” tool, click “Select Game” and browse to yourAlien Isolation.EXE file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Alien Isolation\AI.exe
- Let the tool do its job, then it will copy all the ReShade + SweetFX files into your game folder
- Once it’s done, there will be an option to let you start the game right away, but wait for it.
- Renamethe “SweetFX_Settings_Alien- Isolation_… CKN.txt” to “SweetFX_settings.txt”.
- Copy it into the SweetFX folder (inside your Installation folder) and replace the existing SweetFX_settings.txt, and you will be good to go!
SweetFX: [maxbutton id=”3″ url=”http://sfx.thelazy.net/static/media/downloads/ReShade_0.19.0_Public_Beta_with_SweetFX_2.0_Beta_8.7z” ]
CKN’s preset: [maxbutton id=”3″ url=”http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3387/download” ]
5. Improved Anisotropic Filtering
Another Alien Isolation Mods that we’d like to introduce to you today is the Improved Anisotropic Filtering mod. This mod actually can be easily Activated through your Graphics Driver software; you won’t have to download any extra packages. Here is how to do it.
For NVIDIA graphic cards:
- From your Windows Desktop, right click and open the NVIDIA Control Panel. Or you could click on Start button, and search for keywords “NVIDIA Control Panel “.
- On the left side of your menu, try to look for Manage 3D settings.
- After you’ve clicked on Manage 3D settings, look for Program settings tab on the right side, and find Alien Isolation inside the Dropdown list. If you could not find the game inside that list, no worry, try the Add button and browse to the Alien Isolation.EXE file.
- Once you’ve selected Alien Isolation game, then under “Specify the settings for this program”, click on “AnisotropicFiltering” option and change it to:4x/ 8x/ 16x, it’s up to you, as long as you experience better graphics but not slowing down your machine performance also.
- Lastly, there will be an Applybutton appeared on the bottom after you changed the value, click it and you will be good to go.
For AMD Graphic cards:
- From your Windows Desktop, right click and open the AMD Catalyst Control Panel. Or you could click on Start button, and search for keywords “AMD Catalyst Control Panel “.
- Look for the Image Quality – Anisotropic Filtering
- In order to see the Anisotropic Filtering option, you will have to Uncheck the “Use application settings” first, and then set the value to 4x/ 8x/ 16x, it’s up to you, as long as you experience better graphics but not slowing down your machine performance also.
- Click the Applybutton to save your changes.
6. Life Savers (also known as Enhanced Weapons) Mod
With this Alien Isolation Mods, players will start the game with high-end weapons that fully optimized. Aliens and other enemies will no longer be a threat to you, they will be blown away easily by just a blink of an eye. Smoke bombs will now make sure you will be fully invisible and Stun Baton will cost more damage to your enemies. There are still many more awesome weapons waiting for you to discover, why don’t give it a try?
Here is how to install this Mod version:
- First of all, download the Life Savers mod .
- Backup all original files from this folder first:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AlienIsolation\DATA\WEAPON_INFO\AMMO
- Extract the Mod package and then open the “Tool” folder. Copy all the files inside that folder and Paste to:….\AlienIsolation\DATA\WEAPON_INFO\AMMO.
- Copy these two .BML files: “ALIEN.bml” and “DEFAULTS.bml” and paste into this folder:
[maxbutton id=”3″ url=”https://www.moddb.com/games/alien-isolation/downloads/life-savers-v10″ ]
7. Unpredictable Alien (Improved Xenomorph AI) Mod
If somehow you feel the original game is not scary enough, let’s try this Unpredictable Alien mod, the last candidate from our Alien Isolation Mods list today. This mod is the AI improvement version where enemies will become smarter and harder to predict their movements.
[maxbutton id=”3″ url=”https://www.moddb.com/mods/unpredictable-alien-mod/downloads/unpredictable-alien” ]
- First of all, Download this Mod .
- Remember to backup all of your currents .BML files first, before proceeding next step.
- Extract and merge the DATA folder of the mod package, with the original DATA folder in your C:\ drive installation directory:…/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Alien Isolation/Data/
- There will be a message prompted, ask you to confirm overwriting your currently .BML fileswith these new ones, Click “Yes to all” to finish.
We hope that our Alien Isolation mods list today will give you some more exciting challenges with this “old but gold” game. Together with that, we also love to share with you this Cheat list for your original games. Let’s try them all and share with us your thought! If you know other mod versions, don’t forget to share also.